Monday, September 17, 2012

Around town

Have no fear, we're still here.  A few people have been wondering if we're still alive since the blogs are few and far between, but don't you worry, the crocs didn't get us yet! Blogging has just been off the radar for a bit while I settle in to work.  On the weekends, we've been staying busy around town and looking for cheap ways to pass the time.

The Brisbane Museum is free and had some cute exhibits.  Call it a girly day complete with fashion from Aussie designer Gwen Gilliam and chocolate.






Love this - I need to keep this in mind when deciding on what clothes to keep and carry along the journey.  And sometimes a girl just needs to buy some new clothes to feel current and cute!

We stumbled upon this adorable chocolate shop  http://www.sanchurro.com/ on Grey Street in the South Bank.  I loved their spicy Mexican hot chocolate.


I'm certainly not forgetting about love, but while I'm looking I'll take some chocolate - yes, please!

We found a great spot in the Gold Coast at Burleigh Heads.  This is a more laid-back part of the GC complete with cute cafes, boutiques, markets, and yummy eats.  If you make it there check out Quest Coffee http://www.questcoffee.com.au/ and Justin Lane Pizzeria and Bar.  Great atmosphere, pizza, and grown up beverages.




Next week, Pam and I are off to the Northern Territory to Darwin, Kakadu National Park, and Katherine Gorge.  It is a totally different part of the country that is closer to Asia than other Australian cities.  We'll see some of the Outback, salt water crocs, and I'm gearing up for more camping (I'm can't believe it either - I've signed up for MORE camping).  I think it's time to watch Crocodile Dundee this week to get ready!




No comments:

Post a Comment