Thursday, September 6, 2012

Aussie lunch

I wanted to like it.  No, I actually wanted to love it.  I wanted to write a fantastic amateur foodie review of the much loved Aussie meat pie.  But, the reality is the flaky dough filled with goodies on the inside was just okay.  On a scale of 1 - 10 - 10 being the best - Pam gave the meat pie a 4.  The chicken pie (more like a chicken pot pie as we know it), well Pam gave it a 5.  The yummy looking vanilla slice dessert was so sweet it made my teeth hurt.  We agreed on a 4.  Looks like I'm sticking to peanut butter sandwiches.

Pies and a vanilla slice
Maybe it is one of those foods you just love because you were raised on it.  Like chip chopped ham or fried bologna sammies.  Well one thing we know about Pam is that she has great food instincts.  Her quote was, "I would rather be eating SpaghettiO's."  Enough said.  Sorry Australia - maybe I'll like kangaroo better.

No comments:

Post a Comment