Monday, January 21, 2013

THE Tennis - Friday night at the Melbourne Open


Melbourne has tennis fever.  I typically have not ever thought of myself as a tennis person, but hey, when in Rome... and what a great surprise.  I loved watching THE tennis.  America, please take notice it is not just "tennis."  Here they say, "I am watching THE tennis, I am going to THE cricket."  Can you imagine if I adopted this lingo? I am going to watch THE football? THE baseball?


We watched 3 matches with our general admission tickets.  After 5 you can walk the grounds, grab a beer and snag, and just enjoy the lively atmosphere.  


Everyone was taking pictures & asking this guy for autographs, so I decided to snap a photo, too.  Much to my surprise, I saw Marcos Baghdatis, a well known player from Cyprus.

  On my journey home, I witnessed this spectacular skyline sunset.  I adore this city and can't wait to show it off to Ryan!  A little America and DC has arrived.

No comments:

Post a Comment