Friday, April 26, 2013

#6 - Top 10 reasons why I love Australia

Through this year away, I've stayed in 38 "beds." Actually 38 places is a lot more accurate.  Some of those places include campervans, tents, and shared accommodation which were on farms, in the outback, and in the rainforest.  But all of those lovely places (I use lovely loosely - the things you do in the name of travel!) led me to my last place in Australia.  Which brings me to number 6.

WHY I LOVE AUSTRALIA

#6.  Melbourne.  I am a city girl through and through and fall in love with city lights.  Walking through a city you can feel the excitement, the possibilities, and the creativity energy.  This city has music, food, art, festivals, comedy and is more multicultural compared to other parts of the country.  But you can also  hop in your car and in 1-2 hours drive to beautiful surfing towns for your getaway.   And call me crazy, but I like 4 seasons.  A long winter is not necessary, but I couldn't go without some time in my jacket, scarf, and boots.  Leaving a little of my heart in Melbourne.



No comments:

Post a Comment