Wednesday, April 24, 2013

#8 - Top 10 reasons why I love Australia

Australia is populated by about 23 million people.  And Australia has over 16,000 miles of coastline.  I guess when you hear those numbers it is not surprising to learn that I have been on many beaches where I am one of the few, if not the only person present.   If I had an Aussie 2 dollar coin for every time I said, "It feels good to be back at the beach", I'd be coming home a slightly richer lady.  Which brings me to number 8.

WHY I LOVE AUSTRALIA

#8.  The beaches are striking.  Each one possesses its own personality.  I've covered mostly Eastern Oz: Queensland, New South Wales, Victoria, and Tasmania and loved each and every shore my bare toes have been lucky to touch.  If I ever own a home, the walls in some room will be painted  "Australia blue."  The color of the water here is fantastic.  I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.

Bondi 
Newcastle

North Stradbroke Island

Byron Bay

Palm Cove

Fitzroy Island

Coconut Beach, Cape Tribulation


Southern Tasmania

Kewarra Beach
Wineglass Bay, Tasmania


Four Mile Beach, Port Douglas

Sunshine Coast

Brighton Beach, Melbourne

Cape Paterson

Southern Tasmania



Noosa Heads

Phillip Island


In my opinion, one of the most beautiful drives in this country.    Cairns to Cape Tribulation

St. Kilda


Cozy Corner, Torquay

12 Apostles

Surfers Paradise, Gold Coast

Burleigh Heads

Apollo Bay

Lorne

Great Ocean Road

Last but not least, one of my favorites...
Jan Juc, Torquay
This was photographed one morning when the only people on the beach were the surfers and the dog owners.  The sun was just peeking through onto the beautiful waves.  

At the start of my year, I made a goal to see every beach in Australia.  Although that is an impossible feat for one year, I would say I've done pretty well!  And I've left plenty of miles in Western Australia to explore when I return.


No comments:

Post a Comment