Saturday, July 21, 2012

Adventures near Coomera


Friday was public transportation day or I could also say "test my patience" day.  I took a train, transferred to another train, then a bus to a ferry to get to North Stradbroke Island.  Once on the island, I took another bus to get to Lookout Point and Frenchman's Beach.   You'd think there would be more than one way to get somewhere or more options available to get to popular places, but nope.  It just doesn't work that way here.  There is one way, sometimes once a day, miss it and you miss out.  I was so glad the island was beautiful and worth the effort because I certainly thought about turning around after hour 2.  

North Stradbroke Island
Straddie is actually the second largest sand island  in the world.  The Gorge Walk on the northeast point had a great view. 
Lookout Point

Wowza, it was windy!




Lookout Point is known as the place to whale watch from land during migration season. I picked up a chai latte and parked it so I could be on the look for those big guys.  One hour passed and I saw nothing but the ocean.

Frenchman's beach was so pretty and completely empty.  Not a soul was there! That still shocks me. Maybe everyone is still on the train trying to figure out how to get here.

Today, I headed to Bris today for the Delectable Food Fest.  I was sure wishing all my foodie friends were around to enjoy it. All you could see was booth after booth of cheeses, wine, oils, chocolates, coffees, teas... and with free samples of course.  


I ate my way through and even got to pick my own herbs to make my own personalized herbal tea.  



There were cooking presentations from the folks on Masterchef and lots of live music.  I was really loving Bris today and just like being in a city.  There is such an energy, so many great concerts, museums, restaurants, and gardens.  I am a city girl through and through.            

No comments:

Post a Comment