Sunday, July 1, 2012

Port Dougy

No campervans this weekend.  I cashed in some credit card points, and we were off to Port Douglas for a 3-star weekend.  Port Dougy is an awesome little resort town along Queensland's coast.  What sets it apart is not only the Munch Buggy on 4 mile beach ready to serve you ice cream and snacks ....

Munch buggy
          ... but there is also this amazing Sunday market!  It's Australia's version of DC's Eastern Market.  Here are some great foods and goods that caught my eye.

I think this is a soursop from a Graviola tree. This fruit is said to be a cancer killer.
Go local! Harvested this morning.

I LOVE these timber photo albums.  I've never seen anything quite like it.  Flotsam and Jetsam make these unique books in a few sizes.  Contact Travis and Michelle at travisnsky@yahoo.com for details.  Such a great gift.

Glassware in my favorite blue color!

It is harvest season for sugarcane right now.

Boomerangs!
Local flowers

4 Mile Beach
It really was a great weekend.  I let loose of the purse strings for the night and actually had a grown up dinner at a restaurant for the first time in a month in a half.  I appreciate eating out so much more now that I'm on a tight budget.  We even headed out for late night Happy Hour from 9 - 11 PM.  Now let's bring that to the US of A!  Hope yinz had a good weekend and are prepping for the Fourth of July festivities and fireworks.  God Bless America!  

No comments:

Post a Comment