Saturday, July 14, 2012

Leaving on a HIGH note

Wow - today definitely makes my top 30 of almost 30 years... I knocked off riding in a helicopter from my bucket list!  I am not gonna lie, when I saw Oprah's Great Australian Adventure years ago, I knew I just had to see the Great Barrier Reef from the sky.  And it did not disappoint... I literally had goosebumps up there!  These pictures below don't even do the view justice, but they are still pretty remarkable.  We took a 25 minute helicopter ride out to Hastings Reef and had a few hours to snorkel.  The reef itself with all the coral and colorful fish was amazing.  I didn't get to take a scuba lesson this time, but still enjoyed every second in the water!  Leaving Cairns tomorrow on a high note for sure...


Get to da choppa!
We are ready for take off




On the way out of Cairns airport
Great Barrier Reef
















There's our boat!
Sea landing
Snorkeling


No comments:

Post a Comment