Sunday, August 5, 2012

Love Triangle


There is a pretty serious love triangle going on here between me, America and Australia.  In my head it goes "I love America, I love Australia, no I love America, wait I love it here...."  Safe to say I have strong feelings for both and am glad they are not making me choose between them.  I am having some periods of home sickness kick in now from time to time, but then it's followed by moments where I feel so happy to be here - all part of the process I guess.  It is such a funny thing – feeling such a strong need to show off my American pride, but still so damn excited to be in Australia!  

As you know, I have been pretty bummed about the Olympic coverage here.  Not bummed enough to let it spoil my day, but I really wish I was seeing more of our athletes.  Of course it makes perfect sense if an Aussie is in the event, they show it.  But I can’t believe I missed all the fantastic drama of the US gymnastics competition.  And NBC has the online video footage blocked.  I already told my parents to pick up one of those US highlight DVD’s that will come out after the Olympics so I can relive it all!

Here are 2 of my favorite Aussie commercials out right now which make me all happy.




If this commercial doesn't make you want to visit, not sure what will.... take a look!



No comments:

Post a Comment