Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Boo!

HaPpY HaLLoWeEn! Glad to hear everyone is safe after Sandy's East Coast run. I can't stop thinking about my LBI beach memories and hope that fantastic house stayed strong in the storm.  Just a quick post today to let you know what Halloween is like in Australia since I know you are curious.  There were a few kids (and a few adults) in costumes today, but far less than we see in the States.  Also no blow up pumpkins in the front lawn, no jack-o-laterns, no creepy ghosts that shake and sing when you step on the front porch...  Australia is considering making Halloween one of their holidays in the future, but until then some neighborhoods take a vote to see if they will give out their treats.  Some schools have little parties, but it is not the norm.  Don't you worry though, girls still dress inappropriately  for the weekend parties just like at home, but far less were out in public.  I  have to say I did miss seeing those little kiddos all dressed up, but Oz provided a spooky full moon tonight to set the mood in honor of Halloween. 

Full moon in Burleigh

Well I'll leave you tonight with a little old school Madonna in memory of my mum.  She's the only lady I know who could pull off a Hamburglar costume for her favorite holiday - Halloween.  Love you Carolyn Pensak. Check out the dance moves in this video!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment