Sunday, April 1, 2012

We went out last night....

I get a little anxiety saying last night was a "goodbye"party, so let's just call it a celebration with friends. Great friends. We all haven't been out together in a such a long time! And we sure did make the most of it! It was so great to catch up with everyone at our favorite spots in the neighborhood.  The good 'ol Dubliner and Molly Malone's never disappoint.  Pics to come soon!

Well, today was a big day at 516 2nd St.  Pam-O got behind the wheel of a 14 ft. U-Haul for the first time - or so she says.  I'm thinking this girl was a trucker in her past life.  I mean she hopped on in and took charge like she's been driving big rigs all her life! Except when she couldn't unlock the parking brake...  All I'm saying is if mango picking in Darwin doesn't work out,  she should really consider giving truckin' a try. 

On the road again....

Everything we own in this truck!
                                      

I also got 2 new roomies today!  My favorite neighbs from upstairs, Zach and Ryan, moved into our old apartment. I am officially couch surfing at their place for my last few weeks in DC.  They are the best!  The place looks great, and I am so thankful they are letting me stay so I can save up a little more money for the trip.  Now I haven't lived with boys since my dear friend Beth's now husband, Chris,  moved into our Southside house for a few months back in college.   What do I remember from that time? Listening to lots of great music and always having meat and cheese in the fridge.  I'm sure hoping this experience is just as delicious!

Bonita the cat will really miss having Pam-O around... if anyone knows Pam, they know about her love of cats (sarcasm).  See, Bonita's lost without her already!


No comments:

Post a Comment