Friday, April 13, 2012

Coffee :)

Everyone is asking, where will I work in Australia?  Well, if I end up at a cool little coffee shop and come back with some serious barista skills, I'd be one happy chic.  After a recent trip to Costa Rica, their organic coffee tops my list of things I love.  I can drink cups and cups and cups of the good stuff in the morning without sugar - it's that delicious and smooth!  If you have never tried organic coffee, it REALLY does taste better.  Here's a link for my favorite coffee man in Costa Rica, Matias.   He's the president of Down to Earth coffee and his joe is worth every penny! You can join their coffee club and they'll send you new beans at regular intervals.  Check them out at www.godowntoearth.org.

Chorreador de café
In DC, my favorite coffee comes from Vigilante Coffee Company.  Not only is the owner, Chris, super cute, but he roasts locally in Silver Spring.  He carries a Hawaiian line, Paravarga, and organic and fair trade coffees from around the world.  You can buy their beans at farmer's markets in the district on the weekends (Kensington on Saturday, Eastern Market on Sunday). What sets them apart is they DELIVER anywhere in the district! Let me tell you there's nothing better than getting a bike delivery of fresh beans straight to your door.  Like them on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Vigilante-Coffee-Co/141038989344076 or visit their site at http://www.vigilantecoffee.com/.


I could not add a coffee entry without paying homage to my hometown and Prestogeorge.  I love walking through the Strip District in Pittsburgh and stopping in to see what's brewing.  They also have a coffee of the month club, offer a variety of loose teas, and delicious baked goods.  It's a must see when in the 'burgh or purchase their goodies direct at http://www.prestogeorge.com/.




No comments:

Post a Comment