Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Last weekend in DC

My last weekend in DC was everything I hoped it would be.  Friday night, we went to the Nationals game for one last time and I FINALLY got my picture with the President... Teddy Roosevelt that is! I've been chasing down that happy bobble head mascot for over a year now! Let's just say I fell asleep with a big smile Friday night.  


On Saturday, Ryan and I went for a relaxing little hike at Great Falls, MD and somehow ended up on the hardest part of the Billy Goat Trail.  Four "scenic" hours later, we had finished our "little" hike exhausted. Yes, we did climb this rock!



Great Falls is beautiful spot outside the District.  You should go to hike, kayak, picnic, and to enjoy the Falls.


To top off the day, I had a great time out with the Capitol Kids therapy crew at CAVA for dinner and drinks. What a fun group of ladies!

My Sunday started out as a relaxing day strolling the market in search of a painting.  I always by presents for everyone else from Eastern Market, but for some reason not for myself!   Look at my new painting from Marlo from Mississippi.  He has unique pieces which he paints on wood for an antique look.  I just had to pick something for me to remember DC.  


Somehow, my relaxing Sunday turned into an official Sunday Funday brunching and barbecuing with friends.  Cheers to the weekend!







No comments:

Post a Comment