Friday, May 4, 2012

Sydney Fish Market


We really wanted to see the Sydney Fish Market and grab some lunch there, so we hopped on a ferry to get out onto the Harbour.  I didn't realize how big Sydney really was until we were out on that water.  There are so many different areas of the city and it seems to spread out forever.  We got way lost in Pyrmont today, and it was one of those traveling days where aimless wandering tested our patience.  Two and half hours after leaving our apartment, one ferry, and one light tram later, we found the market.



Here fishy, fishy
The market was cool to see, but the fish was a bit pricey.  A lot of things in Sydney are pricey actually, which we were warned about ahead of time.  Liquor at the bars is SUPER expensive here because all the liquor is imported.  Now I understand why everyone drinks beer.  One vodka drink was $16 Aussie dollars last night, so it looks like beer is IN in a major way. 

Entrance to Luna Park... Behind this smiling face was the Rotor!!!  All my Pittsburgh followers will know that was an old school ride at our favorite local amusement park.  Maybe Kennywood sold it to OZ?

My body is starting to hate me.  My feet hurt from all the walking, and I feel pretty exhausted.  Time to relax and recoup for the weekend!  Happy Friday :)


No comments:

Post a Comment