Thursday, May 3, 2012

Good morning Syd

Since Pam and I are still getting used to the time change, we were up and at 'em this morning at about 5:30 am - agh.  Pam mastered the french press to make some coffee, and we headed out to see the sights when the sun came up.  It was about 70 degrees and sunny AGAIN.  Life is rough here.  

View from Botanical Gardens

Tourist shot
It's fashion week in Sydney!  Believe it or not, Pam and I did not get asked to watch a show when we strolled by in our work out/ tourist gear.  Maybe next year.


Pam was feeling ambitious and decided to climb the Sydney bridge, so I decided to take some time to explore and to grab lunch.  Admission to the Contemporary Museum of Art was free, so I saw some interesting pieces and movies. And by interesting, I mean strange.

The Harris Farm Markets here are the bomb.com, and I walked up and down the aisles forever gawking at the options.  There are so many flavor combos here I haven't seen in the US.   After my 6 mile walk today I had a huge appetite.  Lunch was leftover Thai stir fry (chicken, PUMPKIN - I love pumpkin, basil, carrots, beans, and red curry), carrot and sweet potato dip, lentil bean salad, crackers with New Zealand cheddar, and mango/passion fruit yogurt.


Hoping tonight to check out this band tonight! They are playing just down the road....   http://www.myspace.com/huskysongs.

No comments:

Post a Comment